söndag, augusti 27, 2006

Madonna konsert

While I'm writing this, I have the Madonna concert (the first one) in my headphones. I'm trying to go through all the memories in my head, but it's so much....

I remember standing in line since 10.00. We weren't that many hardcore fans who queued early, about 250. There was a rumour going around that if you were there around or before 10.00, you would get into the golden circle and get in 5 minutes before. There you could move around more freely, get drinks and food and go to the bathroom more easily - and most of all - get more space to move, and see madonna up close..

Anyhow, we stood there for about 3-4 hours when the guards decided to let the others in. For the guards to see that we got the "VIP-treatment" we got an orange armband. We were locked in like cows....
After a few more hours of waiting, I talked to mostly ICON members from Australia and Russia. The russian guy was so exicited about seeing madonna. The Australian guy had seen madonna in NY, Boston and was going to see her in Horsens and in Paris as well.

[img]http://lh3.google.com/bentzen/RO9GqOpjABI/AAAAAAAAAs4/Xzy24WobPB4/P8250175.JPG?imgmax=912[/img] (the guy in the middle)


Around 14-15 there coming sounds from the concert arena so people tried to climb on the fences to see if it was Madonna. They saw someone in black, waving at them. Of course it wasn't madonna. She hadn't left the hotel in Århus by then...
During the rehearsal, around 4-5 , she arrived. They played an instrumental of Jump that I soo want to get my hands on.
When she started rehearsing, you could tell that it was her live. She gets a totally different voice, more dark.
She practiced Jump, I love New York and Like it or not.

Anyhow, around 5 they told us with orange armbands to get ready, cause now they were going to let us in. so everyone started rushing in, getting ready. and then we had to wait 30more minutes cause Madonna hadn't finished soundchecking. I don't think she wanted to repeat what happened in Germany....

Finally they let us in, scanned our tickets and I started running like hell, well, everyone did. When I'm running, I pass by the beertents. People working there are standing and watching us run by, cheering us on, and applauding.

And I was let into the golden circle. And I finally realised: I'm going to see Madonna up close!
I was so scared of losing my place, I didn't move from it. My feet was already aching from the tireless waiting so I sat down. And waited some more...

And yes, there seem to have been some problem with the discoball. The people working there was very concerned, worked with it for almost 2 hours. They had a folder that they kept looking in. At first there were only two guys working with the discoball, and then at the end it was four.

One of Madonnas assistans came out (at least I think it was one of her assistants - she had blond curly hair and a blue-red jacket) during these problems and she didn't look very happy when she had to go back and tell the bad news. Madonna was probably not in a happy mood....

Guy Oseary and the dancers came out and took some pictures and some video footage (for their own pleasure I presume). Angela and Stuart came out as well, with their children and posed and looked very happy. Angelas husband (???) made the little girl wave to the crowd. That was very cute...

The finally solved the problem with the discoball (some problem with the engine), and Paul Oakenfold came to warm up the crowd. I was happy that something finally happened.
Oakenfold looks a lot like Stephen King, I might add..

He played remixes of Brittney Murphy, Satisfaction (benny benassi), Sweet dreams (are made of this), Seven nation army and it's a beautiful day.
He wasn't much of a crowd teaser though. Just clapped his hands a few times and pointed at the crowd. It was nice getting some dance music so you could move a little more. My feet and back hurt like hell cause of all the standing, and not moving around.

When she got out and started singing, I was... mesmerized. I was.. in an extatic mood. I didn't know wheter to cry or wheter to dance happy, so I just screamed. That emotion, I will remember it for the rest of my life. Just thinking about it now, makes me cry.

My first impression of her was: she's so tiny! And so muscular! Even more than in the pictures. If I didn't know her age, I would have guessed she was around... 35. Cause she hasn't changed much in her face since then.
what I also noticed, is that she has a very small face. It makes her look almost like a doll. A very cute doll. In real life, she has this aura that I don't know if I want to cry to her or hug her, cause she radiates vulnerability. She's also a lot more beautiful in real life. There's something ethereal about her.

The concert went very fast. She almost seemed robotic at some points. But her singing was great, some times even better than the record. And certainly, better than the opening show. During the concert I got thinking about the costumes. I wonder if she wears any underwear under the tight costumes? I tried to see a line, but no. I think she goes commando. Am I right?

The songs I liked : Future Lovers - I feel love, Live to tell- opening and the song, I love New York, Isaac and Paradise (not for me).

Dislikes - Jump. La isla bonita, didn't like the setting - rearranging of the song.

The things she mades us scream - Fuck George Bush - We want peace ...

She didn't smile much of the show. During the performance of Hung Up, after they had released the balloons, she tripped on them, and went boom crash right on the catwalk. She smiled in an akward way (like oops) and picked her self up like nothing happened.

Overall, it was a good concert even though I'm a bit dissapointed with the setlist. But it was a very good show, and if you haven't seen it, I recommend you seeing it.

Inga kommentarer: